Plan an Orientation Agenda with Judi Clements
From the first day new employees start on the job, they begin to make judgments about the company, their manager, their peers, and the job they’ve been hired to do. Too many first days are wasted days with new employees sitting around doing nothing while they wait for their managers to pay attention to them. Often they are funneled into half-hearted orientation programs & bombarded with information overload. Avoid these wasteful traps by going through Judi Clements’s session on how to organize and deliver a comprehensive orientation program. You’ll learn how to develop, not just a program, but a process, that will have new employees immediately productive,quickly invested, and enthusiastic about their new job.
Attend this session to prepare, conduct, and evaluate effective new employee orientation programs; to update existing programs, to reflect new technologies and, learning styles of 21st century employees.
- Avoid traditional orientation mistakes
- Define your orientation/onboarding goals
- Plan an orientation agenda
- Avoid information overload
- Organize an orientation agenda
- Put new employees at ease
- Ease the transition of new employees into existing teams
- Develop rapport between new employees & their manager
- Communicate organizational culture and support
- Utilize new technologies in the orientation process
- Provide a consistent approach to ensure legal requirements
- Increase new employee retention
Who should attend:
Senior HR professionals, HR analysts, HR managers & directors, HR personnel, employee relations professionals, directors, vice presidents, managers, shift leaders, and all employees.