One Has To Pay Politicians In Order To Be Successful In This Market: Myth Busted!
The U.S. Federal government spends over $500 billion dollars every year buying services and products of every type from small and large businesses located throughout the U.S. This is a very lucrative market for the thousands of successful businesses selling to the government and military, but the market is misunderstood and misleading myths abound. Join this session by expert speaker Gloria Larkin to address the most critical myths, clarify realities and identify legitimate strategies and tactics that guarantee success in this competitive market.
This session will provide answers to these important questions:
- Does the government only buy from companies located in the Washington DC area?
- How soon can I start selling my services and products to the government?
- Must you have special certifications to sell to the government?
- Do you have to pay anyone to become a legitimate government contractor?
- Must every business be bonded to sell to this market?
- Just how competitive is this market?
- What is a GSA Schedule and does everyone need one?
- Does the government use credit cards to buy services and products?
- What is the most powerful marketing tool used by successful businesses in the federal market?
This session will reveal several common myths and misconceptions, such as:
- The government is slow pay: Busted!
- Small businesses are always subcontractors: Busted!
- Large businesses are always prime contractors: Busted!
- It is a good old boys network: Busted!
- One has to pay politicians in order to be successful in this market: Busted!
- The government never buys cutting edge products or services: Busted!
- One has to invest in lots of collateral materials to support marketing efforts: Busted!
Who should attend:
This session is appropriate for any business person who wants to open the door to selling services or products to the world’s fortune one customer: the US Federal Government and Military Bases, sales and business development professionals, those on salary, commission or bonus structures, inside and outside sales representatives, manufacturers, distributors, integrators, engineers, managers, systems, administrative support, marketing professionals, public relations professionals, business owners , anyone involved in making or supporting the government sales process in your company, businesses providing construction services of any type, businesses providing information technology services and products, architecture, engineering, design professionals, business consultants, accountants, CPAs, lawyers, program and project managers.
After attending this audio event, you will receive a Capability Statement Guide detailing the five critical elements of a great Capability Statement, you will know how to get paid quickly for your services and products, and enhance your knowledge about the three-prong sales strategy that works in the government marketplace and the free resources available that lists opportunities before they are publically advertised and you will also grasp what a Sources Sought Notice is and how to use it to create targeted sales opportunities with a small competitive.